INFO - Help me decide
ABOUT US and OUR GRIPS
TorqueLess Grips was established in 2006 providing grips for Mathews, Bowtech and Elite. Over the years we have concentrated on the Mathews line of bows. Our Grips are thin in style, have a throat with rounded edges, the sides have slight indentations for the thumb and finger placement and a "nose" to help in a consistent hand placement. We introduced our extended nose at that time which is the heart of providing a grip that has less torque. That nose is the heart of the TorqueLess grip. It allows your hand to slide into the same position shot after shot. The nose seems to magically center the grip in your hand by centering itself between you thumb and finger. The nose on the grip is approximately 1/2 inch long. The nose is great for both hunting and target shooting. It helps provide the consistent hand placement needed to keep torque to a minimum. By providing a grip throat that is narrow and rounded we have produced a very repeatable hand position, that we call "TorqueLess".
SERIES OF GRIPS
For Mathews we make grips for the older line of bows that used a wood grip or the plastic Focus grip. In 2019 Mathews introduced there new Engage grip line of plastic grips
***Picture of wood and Focus grips
***Picture of Engage grip
- Classic - Our wood laminated grips
- Premier – Our molded grips only for bows that use the Engage style grip
The Classic "Engineered” wood, aka Laminate wood, is 50% stronger than solid sawn lumber. The science is all in the heat and pressure of adhesives used; these adhesives are pushed into the wood fibers as individual layers are pressed together. Our grips have a finish coat of an automotive 2K type finish.
The Premier grips are molded from a urethane resin compound for that resist moisture, strength, moderate heat (200 degrees F.), and solvents. They also have a finish coat of an automotive 2K type finish.
See color chart here… Grip Color Chart
TYPES OF FINISH
- Gloss is a high shine finish, similar to what you see on cars
- Satin is lower shine of finish
- Dead Soft is a no shine finish that is also provides a no slip surface. It is a hard finish but feels kind of like leather. It is becoming our most popular finish.
- Get a FREE sample of the Dead Soft finish - Email us at... [email protected]
MODELS OF GRIP
All our grips have flat back where the palm of your hand fits. This round back has a radius on the edges for comfort. The flat back allows you to “feel the bow” movement when drawing it back and holding for the shot
***Compare picture of flat back and factory
The classic wood grips are offered in a low wrist, medium wrist and high wrist styles in right hand or left hand in 25 colors. (more on wrist styles below)
The Premier grips are offered in a low or medium wrist and right hand only at the present. There are also two styles of the Premier grips. Both have the extended arrow shelf. The arrow shelf can be removed by special request.
- Premier is the standard molded grip
- Premier Plus is the same as the standard with an added feature of a cutout that can hold the Mathews insert from your Engage grip or use one of our custom inserts with your name or logo.
Here is a comparison of the low, med and high wrist grips to the factory. Our low wrist grips always follow the contour of the metal riser
Hand wrist style positions illustrations:
How long before I receive my order??
- When the order was place.
- Type of material the grip is made from. Satin, Gloss and Dead Soft finished grips take a lot longer because of the finishing process. It takes several coats of finish and drying times between each coat. The drying times are effected by the current weather conditions.
- How large of backlog of orders there is at the time you place your grip. We can only make so many grips in a week and if you are at the bottom of the backlog list, then your order is going to take additional time.
- Engraving... this will require extra time to get the engraving done.